We offer two levels of sponsorship:
You can pay by credit card securely online by clicking the "Become a Sponsor" button below
Or send check made Payable to: Reisterstown Improvement Association, Inc., 202 Main Street, P.O. Box 856, Reisterstown, MD 21136
2023 was very successful for Main Street thanks to supporters like you.
Reisterstown Improvement Association, Inc. (RIA) added Murals and Mosaic planters as amenities to Main Street with more in the planning phase. We continue the work on Franklin Woodland Trails (FWT), an outdoors space explored by many in Reisterstown who enjoy the tranquility and activities for their children and grandchildren. We hold our signature celebrations starting with Bloomin’ ArtFest, ten Music on Main Street concerts throughout the summer and the Farmers Markets on Sunday from June through September. Our leaders continued to meet and plan to make Reisterstown Main Street a better place to visit, shop and dine. This year we will hold our 3rd Annual Beer & Wine Festival. We were awarded State, County and Private grants which allow us to make noticeable improvements including artistic amenities and help our businesses and Main Street property owners with Façade Improvements
Some accomplishments and improvements that RIA accomplished throughout past years:
• A website (www.reisterstown.com) will show your logo scroll across the bottom of the page, no matter which page is accessed. Your business or name will be featured in a Power Point Display running in our new Welcome Center, at each of our concerts, and signs will be displayed at all our events where we have an Information Booth.
• Maintaining benches, trash receptacles, planters and event directories (both were replaced in 2022) along Main Street to help those who “Stop, Shop, Stroll & Dine” through our Historic District.
• Hold monthly Clean-ups on Main Street (started in 2013).
• Unveiled Historic Plaques on some of our oldest buildings and will complete 14 more in Spring 2024 to celebrate the town’s historic value.
• Completed “Retail Analysis” and “Visioning/Design Guidelines” studies to attract new businesses to Main Street and will be working with the county to recognize Reisterstown Design Guidelines.
• Continue to sponsor popular Community Events on Main Street such as “Eggstravaganza” “Bloomin’ ArtFest” “Music on Main Street Concerts Friday evenings” “Reisterstown Farmers Markets each Sunday” “Beer and Wine Festival” “Bootacular” “Small Business Saturday” and “Holidays on Main Street”.
• Decorate Main Street with seasonal displays such as painting windows and adding wreaths and twinkling lights to the lamp posts in December.
• Added new streetscape features and Art on Main with murals, mosaic planters, and will continue to add more in the future.
• Work with SHA and Baltimore County on projects to replace and improve traffic signals at several intersections, new lampposts and brighter lights, upgrade crosswalks, curbs and sidewalks along Main Street. This is part of a Streetscape project to improve pedestrian safety & traffic calming.
• In 2020, we were approved as a town in the Main Street Maryland program; in Spring of 2024 our renewal application will be submitted to the State so that we will continue to be recognized as a Sustainable Community; success with state, county and private grants; awarded Façade Improvement Grants for property and business owners; and continued work on revitalizing the Franklin Woodland Trail which was created initially in the 1970s to enjoy our green space and walking trails near Main Street.
• In 2020, opened a town Welcome Center and RIA Office at 202 Main Street in the center node with signage and plantings, installed branded awnings over the entrances on the North Wall of 202 Main Street, and installed a business directory in front of 202 Main Street to help visitors check where they can dine, shop or locate a service they need.
• Completed a pocket park ‘Reister’s Desire’ on Cockeys Mill Road behind 202 Main Street.
• Installed 6 Wagon Wheel Bike racks along Main Street and will have a kinetic steel structure added to Reister’s Desire
Since 2010, RIA has done a lot to improve Main Street and surrounding neighborhoods and communities. It costs money. We thank you in advance for your support and always welcome your ideas as we continue the work.
We look forward to adding your company’s name to our 2024 sponsors list who celebrate Reisterstown Main Street!!
Reisterstown Improvement Association, Inc.